COVID - 19
If you have queries or concerns or think there is something we can help with please don't hesitate to contact us - email@example.com
Guidelines for hosted accommodation providers under the New Zealand COVID-19 Protection Framework - Red / Orange Status
Whilst accommodation is not a vaccine mandated sector, the Government expects people working in the food and beverage services portion of any hosted accommodation business to comply with the vaccine mandate, and for workers to be vaccinated. This does not apply to self contained properties where food is provided (but not served)
It is BBANZ's recommendation that:
- All hosts are vaccinated and accommodate vaccinated guests only - if you require your guests be vaccinated you must also be vaccinated.
- The attached Guidelines should be followed.
- Masks should be worn at meet and greet.
- Masks should be worn when serving guests breakfast.
- All hosts inform their guests of these rules on their website, welcome emails and in their policies.
To view the Guidelines - click here
The COVID-19 crisis is continually evolving and it is difficult for operators to keep up to date with what is happening and with the amount of information being disseminated. What is clear is that the pandemic has had a significant impact on small owner operated business. Here we hope to provide you with information that is specific to bed and breakfast operators and which will help support both you and your business through this difficult period.
As an Association we are in constant contact with Tourism New Zealand, Tourism Industry Aotearoa and other industry associations to ensure bed and breakfast owners are represented and considered in the decision making processes.
To view the latest Government Updates - click here
- Business helpline - Free helpline for businesses, offering advice and access to Government business support, HR and general business advice and access to online resources and webinars. Call 0800 500 362 for North Island, or 0800 50 50 96 for South Island.
- Reporting non-compliance - Report issues and people or businesses not following advice to COVID-19 Compliance Centre
- If you have symptoms - Call Healthline if you have symptoms 0800 358 5453
- Mental Health - Need to talk? For mental health help, call or text 1737
- Immigration - Visit www.immigration.govt.nz/about-
us/covid-19or call the Immigration Contact Centre 6am – 10pm, Monday – Friday (NZST) from landlines only on 0508 558 855, or Auckland 09 914 4100, Wellington 04 910 9915, or from overseas +64 9 914 4100
- Kiwis returning from overseas - Managed Isolation and Quarantine www.miq.govt.nz or call on on +64 4 888 1670 if you’re overseas (rates will apply) or 0800 476 647 if you’re in New Zealand (calls are free). Hours are 8am – 10pm, Monday – Sunday (NZST).
- All New Zealanders overseas are encouraged to see the advice and register on www.safetravel.govt.nz
- Healthline 0800 358 5453 or +64 9 358 5453
- For information on transport go to www.transport.govt.nz/about/
covid-19or email essentialtravel@transport. govt.nz
As part of our protection against the spread of COVID-19 it’s important we all continue to keep track of where we’ve been and who we’ve seen - this applies to both guests coming into your property and for your personal safety when you are out and about. The NZ COVID Tracer app supports contact tracing by allowing New Zealanders to create a digital diary of the places they’ve been.
There is a self-service webform (https://qrform.tracing.covid19.govt.nz/) designed to make it easy to generate the QR codes, and a bulk-upload option (https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/covid-19-novel-coronavirus-resources-and-tools/nz-covid-tracer-app/nz-covid-tracer-qr-codes) for businesses and organisations that have a large number of premises.
- Self Isolation - this term will be used for those who have Covid-19 and are in isolation
- Quarantine - this is the correct term for those who are isolating themselves from others but who have not contracted the virus.
- Social Distance - Physical Distance. We need to ensure we don't distance ourselves socially from others but we also need to ensure we practice guidelines for physical distancing (see below).
Our members group Facebook page is a great place to keep up to date with information as it comes to hand. We will email you with urgent information if required. There have been some great posts and feedback from our members with lots of positive support and suggestions. If you are not a member of our Facebook group please email me with the email address used with your Facebook page and I will send you an invitation to join.
Sources of Information:
It is really important to ensure you source your information from reputable sources. The Government has also set up a new website providing one-stop shop for all Government related COVID-19 public health information and other useful websites are:
Digital Boost for small businesses including Tourism sector
Small businesses, including those in the tourism sector, will be able to benefit from a Government-funded Digital Boost skills training and support initiative.
The training is the first initiative to be launched from the Digital Boost programme which aims to support thousands of small businesses in realising the benefits of using digital tools and technologies.
Tourism businesses are among those that have suffered the most from the COVID-19 pandemic and many smaller operators may not be able to prioritise investment in digital tools, platforms, and systems.
This training could be what your business needs, and it’s free.
The training has been designed to accommodate all levels of ability and knowledge, from behind the scenes admin to showcasing your tourism offering through social media and how to maximise visitor feedback.
Find out more about the Digital Boost skills training initiative - click here
The Government has released a number of economic packages that bed and breakfast operators are able to take advantage of including:
- Business Finance Guarantee Scheme - (business loans)
- Regional Business Partner Network
- IRD - Various changes to Provisional Tax and GST
For further information - click here
Guidance on Cancellation Policies:
There has been a lot of discussion concerning cancellation policies However, if you receive a cancellation within your cancellation policy you are able to invoke the terms of your policy - if you wish.
To read more - click here
Your Health and Wellbeing:
Please remember to look after yourselves not just physically but mentally as well. This is a completely new era for us all and change is often not easy to manage. Connecting with people who make you feel safe and loved is the most important thing you can do to look after your mental health and the mental health of people around you.
On the TV1 Breakfast show, Dr. John Cameron provided answers to some great questions during a Q & A session. Watch here. Go to 2hrs18mins of the 3-hour show for the 10min segment.
The Mental Health Foundation has created a new section on their website with wellbeing tips and answers to FAQs - click here.
And, you can speak with a trained counsellor at any time - free call 1737 or text 1737 – it's free and confidential so please don't hesitate to to contact them if you feel you need to.
Links to other useful information:
Social (now Physical) Distancing? How can we practice this (Click the link here for a video)
Self Isolation - (Quarantine) What does this mean?
Health Advice - symptoms, prevention.
Managing your Mental Health & Wellbeing / Taking Care of Children
Assets Kit with downloadable resources you may find useful.
General cleaning information
Information for Hotels and Hotel Staff
WorkSafe information about the business and worker requirement for keeping people safe and well in the workplace.
Business Continuation Insurance - David Rush Vision Insurance
TIA’s strategic partner Marsh insurance coverage information