Morepork Riverside Lodge, Paihia
Your Hosts: Paul & Barbara Linton
Welcome to our slice of Kiwi Heaven. We are both born and bred Kiwis and would love to share our passion for New Zealand with your clients.
Morepork Riverside Lodge is a quality B&B with Homestay hospitality. Set in four acres of native bush and gardens on the banks of the Waitangi River. We are 8 minutes from Paihia and 14 minutes from Kerieri, so this is the perfect, peaceful place from which to explore the Bay and Northland beyond.
Sit by the river or stroll through our bush which is home to many native birds including Tui, Fantails and Moreporks (NZ native owls). We’re striving to keep NZ 100% Pure and we are TripAdvisor “GreenLeaders” Gold level. We have also signed up to the TIA Sustainability initiative and are working towards the goals of this wide-ranging document.
Guests will enjoy a sumptuous continental breakfast, including a selection of seasonal fresh fruits, cheeses, cold meats and our own free range eggs. As a service to our Agents, we offer a variety of evening meals by prior arrangement only. Please enquire at the time of booking.
Paul's interests include Diving and Sailing. Barb's interests include New Zealand History and she works two part-days, as a Tour Guide, at Waitangi Treaty Grounds. We have both traveled extensively throughout New Zealand and the Pacific and in some parts of Europe and the USA.
- Ensuites: one with a large accessible shower and freestanding bath
- Robes & Slippers. Luxury Toiletries & hair dryers.
- Beds: Superking/Twin or King
- Decks with expansive river & rural views: two private and one shared
- In-room tea, coffee, refrigerator, one room has a kitchenette.
- Flat Screen TV, DVD, selection of movies, Freeview, Communal Sky
- Beach towels, cooler bags, binoculars
- Complimentary WiFi
- Welcome basket & bottled water (refillable)
- Evening meals by prior arrangement
- Free range chickens
- Friendly alpacas & timid cat
- Small bush track, picnic tables
- Some German and French is spoken
Paul & Barbara Linton
a. 846 Puketona Road, Paihia
p. +64 9 402 5577